Sunday, 20 November 2011

I seem to have got my sewing mojo back. Phew.
I have just got some lovely fabric from Makower and decided to make a Linus quilt. This is how I have got on so far.
  • I cut out a 3.5" square and a 2.5" strip. 
  • Sewed the strip to the egde of the square using a 1/4" seam.
  •  Pressed and trimmed.
  •  Sewed another 2.5" strip along the bottom of the square.
  •  Maked four more squares exactly like this.
  • I took 2 of the squares and rotating one of them ,and sewed them together.
  •  I repeat this with the remaining squares.
  • I rotated one unit of squares and sewed them all together.

  • I am going to have a play around with the blocks until I'm happy with their placement.

 I then found this fabric and had a wee play. I think this is going to become a Minding Quilt for people with Alzheimers.

 By this time I really had a wiggle on and sewed the bindings on 2 Linus quilts.
 And on my Christmas runner swap thing.
 All in all this has been a lovely week. My girl friend Glennice came round for tea on Tuesday, although I have to say that is the craziest day of the whole week for her to come , and we were joined by Frances. We laughed sooo much my ribs hurt. I'm really gonna miss her mow she's gone home.


  1. Wow you've been busy! Glad things are back to normal :-)

  2. Gosh! You have got lots done and it sounds like you've been having fun as well!

  3. blimey, you have been busy. Seems like ages since I have been near my machine!