Friday 4 January 2013

Food is on my mind today .......

 
Yesterday I made a Lasagne but without the pasta.
I had been watching the Hairy Dieters on the telly and this was one of their recipes
 
Skinny beef lasagne
 
I didn't follow the recipe exactly as I was using up some left over veggies,
 but I stuck to the principal of the recipe.
So I didn't use any fat or oil and I used blanched leeks instead of pasta,
 just like the boys said. 
It was really filling.
Well worth doing again.
 Even the bairns ate it, picking out only the odd thing hear and there.
 
Today being Friday we had fish from my favourite Fishman.

 
Hand-Made Fish Co..JPG
 
Smoked haddock and fresh haddock landed this morning.

 

Haddock and Mushroom Bake.

 
Bring a pint of milk with 12 pepper corns, an onion , a bay leaf and salt & pepper to the boil then switch off the heat and put a lid on the pan and let it stand for 10 minutes. I didn't have any bay leaves.
 
Put 2oz butter in a pan and melt. To this add a tub of sliced mushrooms and the juice of a lemon. Cook until just cooked.
 
In a large buttered dish put some fresh and some smoked haddock.
 
Drain the mushrooms and put them on top of the fish.
 
In a pan melt another 2 oz butter then add 2 oz of flour. Cook until nice and bubbly. Remove from the heat and add the milk a ladleful at a time through a sieve and mix really well. Return back to the heat and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. I added some dill but that wasn't in the original recipe. Pore this over the fish and mushrooms.
 
In a bowl, grate some breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle it on top of the dish. I didn't have enough bread to grate nor did I have any Parmasan so I mixed ruskalin and grated any hard cheese I could find in the fridge.
 
Put in to a preheated oven Gas mark 5 for about half an hour.
Serve with baby tatties , peas and salad.
 
Next time I think I'll use less butter and if I make it again I'll try other fish, My favourite fish is Stonebiter.
 
HAVE YOU GOT NIMBLE FINGERS?
 
For the rest of the day I have been giving the shop a deep clean.
Tomorrow we will be starting the Sale.
 
I was gonna post some pictures on the boys, but I seem to be having a bit of a block as how to load pictures tonight. I clicked on the little image of a picture, I tried copy and paste. I did manage to view a rather scary image on the webcam of myself, but I couldn't get my photos to stick, so I'll try again tomorrow.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh sale? Such a shame I'm on a no buy challenge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame.
      Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the photos ?

      Delete